Thursday, July 16, 2015

5 Weeks Post-Op: The Sun is Starting to Shine Again!

Love you, Shawn!
Well, here we are, friends. 5 weeks down. After a really tough week, which culminated in me having a cathartic emotional breakdown on Sunday night in Shawn's arms, the skies are clearing and the sun is coming back. Woohoo!

It didn't help matters that I went 4 nights with very little sleep. I ran out of narcotics, and unfortunately, neither Tylenol nor Aleve helped enough with the nerve pain and irritation that I feel at night. It's so bizarre to me that it gets that much worse when I lay down to sleep. I don't need to take anything during the day, but starting around 9-10pm, it sets in. Talked to my doc on Tuesday, and picked up a refill yesterday. Another victory!

I have started seeing a few clients at my house. It's going really well, except for managing my furry child, Iggy. I put him upstairs in the kids' room for the first two sessions and he was not happy with this little timeout. He stayed pretty quiet - a few whimpers here and there. It's not really a good solution, though. If only he were an old, lazy dog that would just lay quietly on his bed while I worked. I need an Iggy-sitter. (Yes, the kids do help when they're here). Hit me up if you want to foster him for a few hours a week!


Iggy is not happy with this arrangement.

Speaking of kids, my son left yesterday for the East coast to visit his cousins for 10 days. This is his first solo voyage, flying as an adult! Wow, it's crazy that he's old enough to do that. It's a little bittersweet indeed. Got a call from him last night...and guess what? HE BROKE HIS ARM! Crazy, right? He was horsing around with his cousins, jumping and sliding on wet grass. He landed wrong and fractured his radius. One day into his trip! No swimming while visiting Cape Cod. :( He's in really good spirits, though. He gets a cast today (I suggested he get green so we can be matchy matchy), and he'll have 4-6 weeks in it. Probably only four since he's so young...I'll bet those little bones heal quick fast. He'll probably be out of his before I'm out of mine!

I have to give my mom a huge thank you for sending me one of those cast bags that allow you to shower and keep your cast dry. I took my first shower last night in over a month (as opposed to really awkward baths with my leg sitting on the edge of the tub). Third victory of the week! It was bliss.


I'm still feeling pretty bummed about not getting to take part in any outdoor adventures this Summer and Fall. Some girlfriends are planning a backpacking trip at the end of August, and I SO wish I could go. Although I will be walking by then, I will not be ready for that and I feel pretty sad about it. But at least I'm out from under the dark cloud of last week. Onward into brighter days...

Happy Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment