Thursday, July 23, 2015

6 Weeks Post Op - I Went Swimming!!

You heard that right, kids. So I was trying to imagine a way to keep sand out of the cast so that I could go to the beach (can't miss those Caribbean-blue waters up in the Monterey Bay right now!). After doing a web search, I discovered this brilliant device: 
The Dry Pro - why didn't I think of this?? 
I ordered one immediately. Maya and I had a pool day planned for today, so the timing was perfect. I gave it a test run in the shower last night, and it worked perfectly. I was a little nervous to fully submerge it in the pool...but there's only one way to find out if it works. And guess what? It works!
I got to swim...AAHHH. Being able to move my leg around freely and fairly normally made me so happy. AND I got to play with my girl! We tossed a beach ball around, and I cruised around with her on my back. Wow, that felt good. 

It's been a good week. The medical bills have started rolling in. Looks like I owe about $1500 so far, which isn't bad considering the total without insurance is almost 33K!! Krikey. Feeling pretty grateful for my expensive health insurance right about now. That being said, funds are frighteningly low due to a total loss of income for over a month. I am slowly starting to see clients again, but only about a third of the amount I was seeing before the accident. 

If you, my dear reader, are so inclined, I would welcome a donation to my fundraising campaign. I think there's about 15 days left before it ends, and I'm hoping to reach the goal of one month of my income + extra for medical expenses. It's about 75% funded. And if you see it on Facebook, please share! Thank you!! Your donations have been so deeply appreciated. 

I see the doc next Tuesday for an X-ray check-up. I expect he will probably tell me I need another 2-4 weeks in the cast. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. 

I get my not-so-little man back tomorrow. I'll post a pic of our matching casts! How cute is that?

Take care, readers. Thanks to all of you for your continued support - donations, care packages, running errands, friendly visits. I so appreciate you and all you're doing for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment