Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Pedi and Sunshine

Monday, June 22
I had grown tired of staring at my fat toes still slightly tinged with iodine. I had been contemplating getting a pedicure, but thought I'd wait until I got the cast put on. Then Kelly texted this morning to see if I wanted to get a pedicure today, and since I had nothing else on my empty calendar I figured why not. 

The place we went had us wait quite a while, and my foot was growing fatter by the minute. Why do they always take you right into those places, not telling you that it's actually going to be a 25-minute wait? Ah, no matter -  what else did I have to do?!

Green toes = Good luck?
While I  had my toes painted Lucky Green, Kelly and I read trashy celebrity gossip magazines and talked shop. We should have written the visit off - business meeting, right?

We went back to Kelly's house and sat in her yard, basking in the sun and drinking lemonade. More shop and general life talk. Headed home around 4 and resumed my post on the couch, watched an episode of The Good Wife. Snuggled Iggy. Had dinner with Shawn, watched two episodes of True Blood, and called it a night. Tomorrow is cast day!




No comments:

Post a Comment