Sunday, June 21, 2015

Margaritas = Bone Healing

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that margaritas were shown to increase bone healing by 42%. Ok, maybe it was an article in The Onion. But nevertheless, it sounded like a reasonable theory anyway. Shawn and I decided on this beautiful sunny summer day that margaritas were in order. All we were lacking were limes. Shawn dutifully undertook that mission and returned a short while later with the essential ingredient. (it could be argued that tequila is the essential ingredient, but I'll leave that up to you to debate). We both looked up recipes, and decided to put two of them to the test. The primary difference was that mine called for simple syrup, while his did not. We both whipped up our own (an easy task now that I have leg rest), and did the taste test. It was concluded that they were equally yummy, it all depended on your preference for the sweet/bitter balance. Mine was a bit sweeter, but packed more tequila punch. His was more bitter, thus making the drink seem to pack equal boozy punch.
End result - two satisfying drinks enjoyed while sitting in the sun and soaking up good company too. Aaahhh.

There was work to be done, though. We headed to the office for a quick check-in, and then went to clear out my other VBT office at Toadal Fitness. For those not in the know, VBT has decided to close our annex at Toadal Fitness. Kelly and I decided to focus our energy and intention on building the practice at the main office. We intend to fill the books there (we have so many talented therapists with SO MUCH to offer - book an appointment today! Shameless plug, I know.), and start utilizing the beautiful downstairs space by offering more classes: meditation, core strengthening, and yoga tailored to beginners and those working with injuries. (But I digress...) 

We cleared out the space, dropped stuff at the main office, and returned home. Shawn hit the showers, I hit the fridge for another margarita. We have about an hour before we head to dinner with two of my oldest (not in age, but length of time I've know them) clients, Tash and Aaron. They have kindly offered to make us dinner. Tash insists that we not bring anything, "or else I'll break your other leg." Her words. She's a lady not to be reckoned with, so we shall acquiesce to her demands and show up with only our good spirits in tow. 

That's the news for the day. Thanks for tuning in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment