Thursday, June 25, 2015

Work, Play, and a Birthday

Wednesday, June 24
Kelly came over and we engaged in some adult parallel play...that is, we sat on either end of the couch with our laptops getting some work done. Good times.

She left around 1, and I worked until about 4. Took a break before doing a software training with a new employee at 6. My arse was getting seriously sore from sitting all day! 

My mood started to head downhill after dinner, as my foot was really hurting. I'm feeling really frustrated - it's not the actual injury site that hurts. I'm having a lot of nerve-type pain across the top of my foot and the big toe. Last night it felt like my big toe was actually broken...so sore. I took two painkillers and they barely took the edge off. 

I made the mistake then of doing some Internet research on this type of post-op pain, and ended up in a forum of people all telling their horror stories of having this type of pain after a similar surgery. Most of the people recounted stories of being 1-many years post-op and STILL having debilitating nerve pain in their feet and toes. I was very sad by the time I went to bed, worried that this might happen to me. 

Thursday, June 25
Today is my son's 14th birthday! I am so proud of him, and feel so blessed to be his mama. 
Happy Birthday, Cole!


I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast, and got my daughter off to camp (I actually drove her there in Shawn's truck - my foot felt like it was going to explode by the time I got home!). I'll be settling in for a day of video games with Cole - the only gift he seems to want from me besides cash. ;)

Really wishing I could get outdoors more. Being cooped up in the house is not good for my mental state. I'm longing for a walk in the forest, a romp at the beach with Iggy, a climb up a mountain! The road to recovery is feeling overwhelmingly long. I need to stay out of Internet forums related to pain conditions and surgery - that's certainly not helping matters.

Well...signing off for the day to spend some time with my kid. That is something to be happy about. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment