Tuesday, June 23, 2015

No Cast for You!

Aw, c'mon man!
Well...turned out NOT to be cast day after all. :( The doc said that some of the sutures still look too open, and he wants them all to look good and closed. He wants to wait another week to put the cast on. He did say that surgical site looks really good and is healing nicely, so nothing to worry about there. I still have all this residual nerve irritation in my toes and the top of my foot. He's keeping an eye on it, but said it may take 1-2 months to go away. Not really the outcome I had hoped for today, but it is what it is. Minor setback.

If I am upright for more than 10 minutes or so, my foot starts to swell more and it gets very uncomfortable. So more couch time for me. Shawn and I did, however, make an excursion to Costco. The scooter cruises on those polished cement floors! Thankfully it wasn't crowded (shockingly - is Costco ever not crowded?), so we were out of there in half hour or so. A pretty easy mission. 

That's today's news, folks. Tomorrow is another day closer to being healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment