Monday, June 29, 2015

Reassured by the Great Dr. D

Saw Dr. D today and I feel SO MUCH BETTER. After doing some nerve tests/assessments and checking me over, she's pretty confident that everything I'm feeling is a result of the popliteal nerve block probably traumatizing the nerves behind my knee and the swelling in my foot putting pressure on the nerves. (I was quite swollen behind my knee) No sign of serious nerve damage, or other serious pain condition like RSD
Popliteal Fossa 

She pointed out that I most likely also did some soft tissue damage in the foot itself which would create swelling and pain, too. She pointed out some bruising on the top and inside of my foot that I hadn't really even noticed much. Recommends that I ice behind my knee and do some gentle lymphatic drainage strokes on the back of my lower leg. She did a laser treatment to the top of my foot, treated the popliteal nerves with ultrasound, massaged some lavender and valerian oil into my foot, and recommended peptidase to help control inflammation. 

I hope that anyone else who stumbles across this blog and is going through a similar experience, takes comfort in reading this. The surgeons don't tell you much - they are looking at the injury through one lens, albeit an important one. But it helps to get another health care practitioner's perspective and input. I'll most likely be getting some acupuncture soon as well...treat it from all angles.

Stay tuned for the cast update...tomorrow for sure! Any votes on what color I should get? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment